(Download PDF Version: Nice Bot!)
The bots are taking over and if that concerns you, well, there’s a chatbot to help with that—and just about everything else.
Customized, timely and relevant information at your fingertips and at your command is becoming the norm, while waiting in line at an information kiosk is becoming increasingly archaic.
What can chatbots do for us in the brand engagement space? Take a look at this quick video on the basics of a bot from Gizmodo to get your bot knowledge up to speed, then continue reading to learn about how bots can take your event to the next level in technology and strategy.
Attendees overwhelmingly use their mobile device for event information, and we are entering a time where the event app is starting to be replaced by a chatbot. Chatbots in all their forms (textual, visual and auditory) are flooding into the event/experiential space. Brands that have harnessed some of the power of these digital tools are clearly seeing the benefits of bot engagement and data collection, and how that data can be used to refine the attendee experience.
“By 2021, more than 50% of enterprises will spend more per annum on bots and chatbot creation than traditional mobile app development.”
Contributor, Kasey Panetta. “Gartner Top Strategic Predictions for 2018 and Beyond.” Smarter With Gartner, October 3, 2017
What Bots Offer in Brand Engagement
Personalized Real-Time Conversations
- Always on
- Build pre-event and early engagement
- Update event information on the fly
- Subsets of communications for attendees based on role, skills, interests, etc.
- Unique brand/event voice
- Increase post-event engagement with information resources and customized follow-up
- Seamlessly switch to human assistance
Analytics and Learning
- View real-time insights and act on them––”read the crowd”
- Get live accurate/current attendee data
- Build on the knowledge of each event/brand experience
- Bots don’t need to have any physical or digital identity
- They can be audio or just text
- They are infinitely scalable
- They limit the need for expensive human assistance
- Encourages agency/vendor loyalty through continuous data collection event to event and year over year
- Extend and amplify the engagement and content post-event
Event Bot Platforms
The New Wave of Visual Bots (The Future of Bots)
Brands are going to want to bring their brand bots and event themes to life through avatars, brand characters and virtual humans in the event/experiential space. Augmented Reality/Extended Reality (AR/XR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) will play important roles in bot development.
93% of face-to-face communication is nonverbal (visual and vocal), so it’s logical for bots to follow this progression. We are seeing advancements from companies in the following spaces:
Bot Interaction and Engagement
Chatbots are useful technology that anyone can easily embrace. They’ve been around for ages and, as AI and mobile converge, and NPL (Nature Language Processing) gets better, they will become a seamless part of our lives. They will provide a familiar chronological user experience that keeps a simple swipe-able history at your fingertips. When developed properly, brand/event engagement will be made stronger with each brand/product/experience. These bots will become brand and event ambassadors, and remember you from event to event—and all the time in between.
Bots will fill a prominent spot in an AI-enabled, post-app era and continue to rapidly grow across markets, complementing the increased use of XR through voice, gesture and gaze input that will start to rival texting in the 2020s.
For more information on how we can help integrate chatbot technology into your communication strategies, please email email@example.com.